Mushrooms are the best, on pizza, in pasta, on salads, on their own. They are incredibly simple to make or eat raw and don’t go bad for at least a week…or even more if you’re a lucky veggie hoarder like me!
I came across a few stuffed mushroom recipes about a year ago and it’s been a favorite ever since. I’ve adapted the recipe to make it a little more healthy. Goat Cheese is generally lower in fat and calories than cow’s milk and turkey bacon is much leaner than regular bacon.
Makes a great snack, brunch, lunch, or dinner side. I’m a huge fan of tapas styled entire hors d’oeuvre meals!
- One container of Trader Joe’s baby bella mushrooms
- One log of Trader Joe’s goat cheese with herbs
- One package of Trader Joe’s turkey bacon
- Pre-heat oven to 450
- de-stem mushrooms
- mince and dice scalions, chives, and garlic, mix together with goat cheese in a bowl
- Spoon mixture into mushrooms and place on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet
- Wrap turkey bacon around each mushroom, cutting excess for smaller mushrooms
- Secure with toothpicks
- Bake at 450 for 15 minutes
- Set oven to broil or 500 degrees for 5 minutes to make turkey bacon extra crispy